WELCOME TO DUMUNC 2017
The Raleigh/Durham International Airport (RDU), only twenty minutes from Duke University, services the following airlines:
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- jetBlue Airways
DUMUNC XXXV will be held in the Durham Convention Center, adjacent to the Durham Marriott City Center Hotel. Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Durham, the Marriott is located within walking distance of a wide variety of shops and restaurants, and is only a short distance from Duke’s main campus.
The Marriott Hotel is located off of the Durham Freeway Route 147, only 25 minutes from the Raleigh/Durham International Airport. The hotel is easily accessibly by car, bus, and train.
You will be able to arrange hotel reservations directly with the Durham Marriott City Center Hotel. For those wishing to stay elsewhere for any reason, there are a number of other hotels in the area that can be booked as well.
You can book your stay at the Durham Mariott City Center (with special pricing for DUMUNC-affiliated groups) here.
Durham Marriott City Center
201 Foster Street
Durham, NC 27701
Code of Conduct
General Code of Conduct
Any suspected violation of North Carolina and federal law will be referred to the proper authority for investigation and adjudication. These violations include, but are not limited to:
- Throwing objects out of hotel windows
- Propping open room doors and other doors that fire safety regulations require to be closed o Burning of incense, candles, or other substances on hotel property
- Misuse of the fire extinguishers and alarms on hotel property
- Any kind of discriminatory conduct
- Sexual harassment
- Verbal and physical assault
- Use of any object in a dangerous manner
- Possession of any weapon, flammable device, or other dangerous object
- Possession, purchase, sale or consumption of any illegal substance by participants
- Excessive noise in the hotel hallways is forbidden.
- Delegates will not consume alcoholic beverages during the conference.
- Delegates will not disturb other hotel guests.
- Any violation of the guest code of conduct for the hotel will be referred to Marriott staff for investigation and adjudication.
- Delegates are liable for any damages to Marriott or Conference property.
Committee Code of Conduct
- Western Business Attire is required for all committee sessions; exceptions may only be granted by the Secretary General and Committee Chairs.
- All delegates must attend all committee sessions. Committee Chairs must be notified in advance of delegate absences.
- Delegates must arrive to committee sessions on time.
- Delegates will be respectful to fellow delegates and staff during committee session. Excessive noise and/or any activities that disrupt the flow of committee will not be tolerated.
Internet & Latop Policies
- Delegates are permitted to use laptops in the guest rooms, lobby, and hallways, or at any time when committees are not in session.
- Unless permitted by a Committee Chair, laptop use is not permitted in committee rooms while committees are in session.
Lost & Stolen Items Policies
- Delegates are responsible for all personal belongings, including but not limited to: laptops, digital cameras, cell phones, wallets, and iPods.
- To avoid theft, please do not leave any personal belongings unattended.